What is Hyaluronic Acid?
A young person’s skin is typically firm and contains large amounts of hyaluronic acid – a natural substance present in everyoneis skin responsible for hydration, firmness and volume as it fills spaces between the cells. As skin ages, hyaluronic acid quantities drop which leads to loss of volume, firmness and wrinkles.
Hyaluronic acid swoops in with the ability to replenish moisture that is crucial for a young-looking skin. When injected into the skin, it binds and absorbs water molecules immediately restoring volume and improving the appearance of wrinkles.
Dermal fillers with hyaluronic acid are also used to improve facial contouring and volumizing: lip augmentation, check augmentation, nasal reshaping, jawline definition, hollow eyes improvement, etc.
|In office treatment – patient goes home right after the treatment|
|Avoid massaging the treated area for 3 days; Do not exercise for 24/48 hours; Avoid direct sun exposure for 24/48 hours; use ice pads.|
|Depending on the area results last between 9 to 12 months. To have permanent results you must perform the treatment every year.|
What can Hyaluronic Acid do for me?
- Treat wrinkles and nasolabial folds.
- Treat vertical lip lines commonly known as smoker’s lines or lipstick lines.
- Cheek augmentation.
- Improve the appearance of hollow eyes.
- Lips harmonization: improve volume, shape and contour.
- Chin reshaping.
- Nose reshaping (non-surgical nose job).
- Jawline contouring.
- Neck, cleavage and hands rejuvenation.
- Improve depressions and asymmetries.
Hyaluronic acid as a prevention treatment
Hyaluronic acid improves wrinkles and lack of volume due to aging, but it also works as a prevention anti-aging treatment. Young patients start doing dermal fillers to prevent wrinkles and folds to become deeper and to maintain an appealing face contour.
Good candidates for Hyaluronic Acid
Good candidates for dermal fillers usually meet some the following criteria:
- Patients who wish to have a younger skin appearance without undergoing surgery.
- Patients with moderate to severe folds and wrinkles.
- Under eye circles.
- Thinning or sunken cheeks.
- Smoker’s lines around the mouth.
- Receding chin.
- Signs of aging in the neck, cleavage and hands.
- Minor nose deformities such as nasal humps.
- Only wish to improve face contour: lip augmentation and contouring, jawline definition, cheek definition, etc.
- Good overall health.
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Have realistic expectations.
How is Hyaluronic Acid treatment performed?
Before the treatment you will have facial rejuvenation consultation with Dr. Zia to talk about your needs and expectations. According to face areas you need to treat, the type of hyaluronic acid and its quantities will be defined. A topical anesthetic cream can be applied and 30 minutes before for more comfortable experience. The doctor will administer hyaluronic acid throughs several injections or a cannula.
Is the treatment painful?
For most patients, hyaluronic acid injections are not painful but it´s normal to feel some degree of discomfort specially on more sensitive areas such as lips. If you are more sensitive to pain, you can have a topical aesthetic cream applied 30 minutes before the treatment for a more comfortable experience and you will hardly feel any pain.
How long can Hyaluronic Acid results last?
Hyaluronic acid result is not permanent and will gradually be absorbed by your own body. The result can vary from person to person and the treated area but it usually last between 9 to 12 months. If you want to keep the results, you must have hyaluronic acid injections once or twice a year depending on how quick our body absorbs the substance.
What is the ideal age to start Hyaluronic Acid injections?
There is not an exact age to start doing dermal fillers. Every person age differently and perform treatments for different reasons. While there are patients on their 40’s and 50’s who perform treatments to improve wrinkle appearance and restore facial volume, there are also very young patients that perform fillers to increase lip volume, enhance the cheeks, improve jawline, etc. The right age to start dermal fillers is when you feel there is something that bothers you and you wish to improve and that can happen at any age.
Hyaluronic Acid benefits
Dermal fillers with hyaluronic acid have become increasingly popular all around the world as it turns patients back a few years without the dramatic effect of a plastic surgery. Some of the main advantages of hyaluronic acid include:
- Price: affordable price comparing with surgical procedures.
- Immediate results.
- Reversible effect: if you don’t like the effect or do not feel comfortable you can ask your doctor to hyaluronidase injections which will dissolve the hyaluronic acid. You can also choose to wait up to 9 to 12 months until the effect of hyaluronic acid naturally disappears.
- Non-invasive, no downtime and no scars.
- Natural results.
- Lunch time procedure: it can be a very quick procedure according to the treated areas.
- Minimal side effects and complications.
What to expect after a Hyaluronic Acid treatment?
- During the first days after getting dermal fillers done you may experience mild redness, swelling and bruising specially in the lips and nasolabial folds area.
- After 1 to 2 weeks you will see the results once swelling has subside. Make sure you visit your doctor to check if results are as expected. Some patients may need a touch up.
- You will notice your skin will become smoother and you will have a more youthful appearance as wrinkles will be less noticeable and you will have a better face contouring.
Will I look fake after a Hyaluronic Acid treatment?
You will not look fake if the right hyaluronic acid quantity is injected. Respecting the right quantities is extremely important to have a natural result. Please note the right quantity of hyaluronic acid will vary from person to person depending on facial initial characteristics. An experienced doctor in facial rejuvenation medical treatments will have a deep knowledge of facial anatomy and quantity needed to achieve a pleasing and natural result.
What is the difference between Botox and dermal fillers (Hyaluronic Acid)?
Botox and hyaluronic acid are both substances that work on facial rejuvenation – prevent, treat wrinkles and promote a youthful looking skin. However, both treatments work differently and provide different results. While Botox relaxes muscle contractions and treat wrinkles on the upper face area (forehead and around the eyes), hyaluronic acid restores and adds volume to improve face contour.
Is Hyaluronic Acid a safe treatment?
Hyaluronic acid is a very safe treatment and it is an FDA approved substance for both cosmetic and medical use and it’s performed by millions of people across the world. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance present in our body so complications and rejection cases are very rare.
Hyaluronic Acid price in Karachi
The price of dermal fillers depends on initial skin characteristics, areas you would like to treat, and hyaluronic acid quantity needed to achieve desired results (eg. a 50-year-old patient will need more quantity of hyaluronic acid that a 35-year-old patient). However, the price of a hyaluronic treatment in Karachi usually starts at ————–. During your anti-aging consultation, the doctor will evaluate the areas that need to be treated and the substance quantity required for your specific case. The exact price will be confirmed by the finance department after your medical consultation with Dr Zia. To schedule your hyaluronic acid consultation in Karachi or for more information on prices and conditions, please contact us today on the following numbers:
- Aga Khan Hospital: +92 21 111 911 911
- Cooper Consultants Clinic: +92 21 35 37 0671 4
Why choose Dr Zia ul Islam for my Hyaluronic Acid treatment?
Dr Zia is a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon from Karachi with over 10 years of experience in performing facial rejuvenation treatments such as Botox, Fillers, Peelings and Lasers.
- Dr Zia routinely performs wrinkle and face contouring treatments with hyaluronic acid.
- Results proven by before and after images.
- Top rated plastic surgeon and facial rejuvenation specialist in Karachi.
- Performs facial surgeries and non-invasive procedures in some of the best clinics in Karachi – Aga Khan Hospital and Cooper Clinic in Karachi.
SCHEDULE YOUR HYALURONIC ACID
APPOINTMENT IN KARACHI
Aga Khan Hospital
+92 21 111 911 911
Cooper Consultants Clinic
+92 21 35 37 0671 4
If you have decided on performing your Hyaluronic Acid treatment in Karachi or you simply want to learn more about the procedure, please schedule your appointment with Dr. Zia.