What is Botox?
Botox® or botulinum toxin is a neuromuscular blocking injectable drug that relaxes muscles by temporarily blocking nerve impulse. When Botox® is injected in specific points under the skin, it reduces contractions that cause certain types of wrinkles such as forehead wrinkles, lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) and “crow´s feet” (fine lines around the eye area). As Botox® weakens muscle contractions, skin relaxes, flatten out and wrinkles become less noticeable. It is recommended to start Botox® when wrinkles are not very deep to achieve better results.
|In office treatment – patient goes home right after the treatment|
|Do not massage the treated area for 3 days; Do not exercise for 48 hours; Avoid direct sun exposure for 24/48 hours.|
|5 to 6 months. To have permanent results you must perform the treatment every 5 to 6 months.|
What can Botox® treat?
The most common wrinkles treated by Botox® are:
- Forehead lines.
- Glabellar lines: lines between the eyebrows.
- Bunny lines (fine lines that appear when you scrunch up your nose).
- Crow´s feet (fine lines around the eyes).
Botox® can be used to treat other conditions
Apart from cosmetics uses, Botox® can also be used to treat certain conditions:
- Bruxism: Botox® relaxes the jaw muscle and reduces the aching ailment that irritates the jaw area and causes teeth grinding.
- Hyperhidrosis (Excessive sweating): Botox® blocks the release of acetylcholine which cause sweat glands to top producing sweat. It can be used to treat excessive sweat on the underarm, hands, feet and hairline. It reduces sweating up to 90% and the effect lasts around 9 – 12 months.
- Jaw reductions: when injected in the jaw area, Botox® gives a softer and a more pleasing facial appearance.
- Gummy smile: gummy smile can be corrected with Botox® injections which reduces the activity of the muscle that elevates the upper lip.
Botox® for preventing wrinkles
Botox® is used for both treating and preventing wrinkles to become deeper. If you already have noticeable wrinkles you can have Botox® to soften or even get rid of wrinkles. If you are on you 20´s/ early 30´s and have started to notice some lines, you can have Botox® to prevent wrinkles to become deeper with time.
Good candidates for Botox
Good candidates for Botox injections usually meet the following criteria:
- Young patients who want to prevent wrinkles to become deep.
- Patients who want to treat visible wrinkles and facial lines.
- Patient who do not want to undergo surgery and wish to have a younger skin appearance.
- Wrinkles must be located in a face area Botox can treat.
- Good overall health.
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Have realistic expectations.
How is Botox® treatment performed?
Before the treatment you will have a Botox consultation to talk about your needs and expectations. According to face areas or condition, the Botox quantity you need will be defined. Men usually require more Botox quantity than women as muscles are stronger. A topical anesthetic cream can be applied and 30 minutes after, the doctor will administer Botox through several micro injections in strategic points.
Is the treatment painful?
For most patients, Botox is not a painful treatment and discomfort is minimal as the needle is very thin. You may choose to have topical aesthetic cream which is applied 30 minutes before treatment, and you will hardly feel any pain or discomfort.
Botox has become one of the most popular non-invasive anti-aging treatments administrated to over 7 million people around the world. Some of the main advantages of Botox include:
- Price: affordable price comparing with other procedures.
- Only 4 to 7 days to see results.
- Reversible effect: if you don’t like the effect or do not feel comfortable you don’t need to worry about it. It will only last between 5 to 6 months.
- Non-invasive: no surgery, no downtime and no scars.
- Lunch time procedure: it only takes between 10 and 30 minutes to get it done.
- Minimal side effects and complications.
What to expect after the treatment?
- During the first days after getting Botox done you may experience mild redness, swelling and bruising. Some patients experience headaches although most people don’t.
- After 1 to 2 weeks you will see Botox final results. Make sure you visit your doctor to check if results are as expected. Some patients may need a touch up.
- You will notice your skin will become smoother and you will have a more youthful appearance without the dramatic effect of a plastic surgery.
How long can Botox results last?
Botox result is not permanent as it only temporarily blocks nerve impulse that cause muscle contraction. The result can vary from person to person but it last approximately 4 to 6 months. If you want to keep the results, you must perform Botox treatment 2 to 3 times a year.
Looking fake after Botox It's only a myth
You will not look fake or “frozen” if the Botox treatment is performed by a qualified doctor with extensive experience in performing this kind of treatments. With the right dosage of Botox your muscles will not stop contracting, they will become more relaxed and the appearance of wrinkles will be reduced. An experienced doctor in facial rejuvenation medical treatments will have a deep knowledge of face anatomy and quantity needed to achieve a good but natural result.
What is the difference between Botox and dermal fillers (Hyaluronic Acid)?
It is very common the confusion between Botox and dermal fillers. Although both treatments are indicated to treat wrinkles and to maintain a youthful looking skin, they work in a very different way and provide different results. For this reason, most patients combine both Botox and Hyaluronic Acid treatments to achieve better results.
Dermal Fillers (Hyualuronic Acid)
|Treats wrinkles on the upper face caused by muscle contraction (forehead, around the eyes, "crow´s feet" and "bunny lines".||Adds fulness to areas that have lost volume with aging such as cheeks, nasolabial folds, lips and wrinkles around the mouth. It can also be used for other purposes not related to aging – lip augmentation, non-surgical nose job, jaw line definition, etc.|
|It relaxes muscle movement/contraction.||It does not relax muscle movement/contraction. It only adds volume.|
|Result duration: 4 to 6 months.||Result duration: 9 to 12 months.|
Is Botox a safe treatment?
Botox is a very safe treatment and is one of the most researched products on the market with thousands of published articles. It is an FDA approved substance for both cosmetic and medical use and it´s performed by millions of people across the world.
Botox price in Karachi
The price of a Botox treatment it depends on the number of areas you wish to treat and weather you are a female or male patient. Male patients usually need more Botox quantity as muscles are stronger.
However, the price of a Botox treatment in Karachi is usually between ———– and ————. During you Botox consultation the doctor will evaluate the areas that need to be treated and the substance quantity required for your specific case. The exact price will be confirmed by the finance department after your medical consultation with Dr Zia. To schedule your Botox consultation in Karachi or for more information on prices and conditions, please contact us today on the following numbers:
- Aga Khan Hospital: +92 21 111 911 911
- Cooper Consultants Clinic: +92 21 35 37 0671 4
Why choose Dr Zia ul Islam for my Botox treatment?
Dr Zia is a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon from Karachi with over 10 years of experience in performing anti-aging treatments such as Botox, Dermal Fillers, Peelings and Lasers. A good result is not the same for every individual – it’s a result that looks natural for patient’s gender, age, and natural face anatomy.
- Dr Zia routinely performs wrinkle treatments with Botox
- Results proven by before and after images
- Top rated plastic surgeon and anti-aging specialist in Karachi
- Performs Facial surgeries and non-invasive treatments in some of the best clinics in Karachi – Aga Khan Hospital and Cooper Clinic in Karachi.
SCHEDULE YOUR BOTOX
APPOINTMENT IN KARACHI
Aga Khan Hospital
+92 21 111 911 911
Cooper Consultants Clinic
+92 21 35 37 0671 4
If you have decided on performing your Botox treatment in Karachi or you simply want to learn more about the procedure, please schedule your appointment with Dr. Zia.